At the button above, you will find descriptions of each of the current six Board members and their contact info. We strive to have our Board reflect the diversity of women in STEM careers today. Some Board members are professionally associated with secular
institutions, some from Christian institutions, and some with
professional experience in both.· We include university professors, a government research manager, and a high school science teacher.·
We include a chemist, mechanical engineer, energy
analyst, integrative biologist, science educator, and viral immunologist.· We range in age from graduate student to retiree.· Our Board calls are convened across all four time zones in the United States.
As we agreed in our CWIS Charter, the duties of the Board are to:·
- Set policy and direction of Christian Women in Science.·
- Determine the proposed activities for the next year that Christian
Women in Science will initiate and sustain to achieve its mission and
goals for its stakeholder communities.·
- Recruit, select, train, motivate, and guide volunteers to implement these activities as needed.· Respond to suggestions for new or additional activities as they are offered by the membership or others.·
- As necessary, review official communications (blogs, newsletters,
website material, etc) of Christian Women in Science before publication
- Report periodically on activities to the membership and to the ASA leadership.
feel free to contact any of the Board members with questions or ideas.
We need your active participation to let us know what you need, what you
want, and how we are doing! Thanks for your support.