Historical Adam: Yes or No
Moderator(s): Randall D. Isaac
Thread Score:
|<
<
1 |
Thread Actions

2/27/2018 at 9:41:15 PM GMT

Not to barge in, but just wanted to quickly respond to R. Clouser above on mentioning the interpretation of Romans 5:13-14 "13To be sure, sin was in the world before the law was given, but sin is not charged against anyone’s account where there is no law. 14 Nevertheless, death reigned from the time of Adam to the time of Moses, even over those who did not sin by breaking a command, as did Adam, who is a pattern of the one to come."

From my interpretation I take this chapter to mean that sin entered the world through The Fall and was in the world before the law was given since it was Moses who wrote the law some time later than Adam.

For the sake of this topic I do believe in Adam and Eve being the first humans, but would argue that God also created other humans as well. As I read Genesis 4:13-16 I feel there may be a possibility that there were more than just the descendants of Adam and Eve, but since they did live for hundreds of years back then maybe in due time there were enough descendants of A&E to have other civilizations and communities...

Just curious OP is there an updated data table that you have made? Sorry I'm a couple years late

Last edited Tuesday, February 27, 2018