Print Page   |   Contact Us   |   Sign In   |   Join ASA or sign up
Sign In
Sign In securely
Calendar

5/1/2017
Call for Papers deadline for “The American Experiment: A Republic, If You Can Keep It”

6/22/2017 » 6/24/2017
Genetic and Reproductive Technologies, Deerfield, IL

6/24/2017 » 7/1/2017
“The ‘Wicked Problem’ of Climate Change?” Star Island, Portsmouth, NH

7/7/2017 » 7/14/2017
Summer Seminar on Intelligent Design, Seattle, WA

7/19/2017 » 7/22/2017
“Religion, Society and the Science of Life,” Oxford, UK

Tribute to Walt Hearn
Page 1 of 1
Forum Actions

Topics   Replies Score Author Latest Post
Tributes to Walt Hearn 10 R. Isaac I met Walt at my first ASA conference--at Stanford in (about) 1973. We became much better acquainted after 1978 when Sandia Labs transferred me to Livermore, and Walt was one of the leaders of the SF Bay chapter. In a short period he became a mentor for me, tutoring me in a broad range of subject areas including living more simply, peacemaking, evolutionary biology, and other aspects of the many facets of the encounter between science and faith. Although I lived out of the area for nine of the ensuing years until 2002, Walt's shadow passed by frequently via the ASA Newsletter, annual conferences, and sharing articles that we discovered. When I retired and returned to NorCal in 2002, Walt was still writing and speaking. It was great to live close to Walt and Ginny again, because we were able to meet at ASA special events and other gatherings. Thank you, Walt, for mentoring me. I wish I had been a better student.
by J. Swearengen
Friday, April 21, 2017