1/30/2018 » 1/31/2018
“Darwin's Doubt and The Return of the God Hypothesis,” Waxahachie, TX

General Discussion
Group Home Group Home Group Pages
Moderator(s):
Page 1 of 1
Forum Actions

Topics   Replies Author Latest Post
Christian Women in Science 1 L. Phillips Hi Loryn,My involvement with the ASA has been much less than expected, as I discovered the organization 5 years ago and my two boys are about to turn 1 and 3... I am no longer working in science, so it is unclear to me whether there is any place for me in the ASA anymore anyway. However I wanted to step in and echo the feeling that it is important to let kids know that science and Christianity are not mutually exclusive (and not just my own kids).For several years a ran an actually scientific "science" station at my church's VBS (Vacation Bible School). I'd greet the kids with "Good morning, I'm Dr. Z, welcome to my laboratory!" Since the kids were quite young (maybe 4-11, in 5 age-separated groups) I focused a lot on observation and questions. It was great fun and hopefully (1) sent the message that science and the church can go together as we study God's world, that there are scientists in the church and we're not afraid to investigate the world as Christians, and (2) gave kids opportunities for more experiential, discussion-based science than typically can be accommodated in most elementary school classrooms, especially for the kids from less-privileged backgrounds.Megan
by M. Zahniser
23 hours ago