Featured Members

OPEN FORUM
Moderator(s):
|<
<
1 |
Forum Actions

Topics   Replies Score Author Latest Post
GOD BASED MAGNETISM 0 M. Green GOD BASED MAGNETISM where conventional science went wrong. The facts that were missed, overlooked, ignored, suppressed and denied in conventional science. What is conventional science afraid of, GOD?, the facts?, the truth? I say that magnets are individual. That is, an individual north pole magnet and an individual south pole magnet. If I am able to prove this self evident fact and as well as you could, then this fact proves that conventional science is incorrect in all disciplines’. Furthermore, Einstein and all the other great scientist before him are incorrect also. If you disagree with this, then you must be able to prove that north and south pole magnets are not individual magnets. What say you.
by M. Green
Saturday, May 26, 2012
Flashing the ISS 4 G. Cooper R. Isaac said:OUTSTANDING! That's a great accomplishment. Thanks for posting it. Thanks!  The project was not an advancement for hard science, but such things can help to stir interest in science.  Our local astronomy club has had, at times, over 1,000 people, mostly youngsters, at individual, pro-science events, and the recent "first" with our ISS contact will add spice to our presentations.                 
by G. Cooper
Thursday, March 15, 2012
frank j tipler 2 J. Hayes I can't find the link you mention in your post.  Am I missing something?  I would really like to find this review also!
by H. Looy
Friday, February 24, 2012
Biomedical experiments, public safety, morality 3 E. Ruppel http://www.nature.com/news/researchers-defend-benefits-of-mutant-flu-research-1.9919
by E. Ruppel
Tuesday, January 31, 2012
Word Power 0 R. Isaac A few days ago, Rory O'Connor was on the Greater Boston show on public television, being interviewed by Emily Rooney. Rory is one of three authors of the book NukeSpeak, a 30 year old book which has just been reissued in a 30th anniversary edition. The authors are strongly anti-nuclear power and devote the book to decrying the euphemistic language with which nuclear power was marketed to the public. I'm a cautious supporter of nuclear power. I think it can be deployed at reasonably safe and economical levels, but it must be done with great care. What struck me about this book is the use of language to convey scientific ideas and technological capabilities. The concept is not new to me. At IBM, we worked hard with our communications team to find the right words to convey the messages we wanted to get across. In the course of doing science, we habitually select language that may be technically accurate but slanted to portray the nuance we want to communicate. That's not wrong. But awareness of the language we use is critical. In the often rancorous debated on science and faith, much can be discerned from the adjectives chosen to describe key players and ideas. One of our goals, hard though it may be too achieve, must be to pay attention to seeking words that are fair and accurate not just in technical meaning but in the nuanced implications.  
by R. Isaac
Tuesday, January 03, 2012