Calendar

7/21/2014 » 7/31/2014
C.S. Lewis Summer Institute, Oxford & Cambridge, England

7/25/2014 » 7/28/2014
“From Cosmos to Psyche: All Things Hold Together in Christ,” Hamilton, ON

7/25/2014 » 7/28/2014
2014 ASA CSCA CiS Annual Meeting

7/26/2014
“Science & Faith: Friends or Foes?,” Alaskan cruise. Sponsor: Discovery Institute

7/28/2014
“Academy Regained,” McMaster University and Redeemer University College, Hamilton, ON

Featured Members

MEETINGS and CONFERENCES
Moderator(s): Randall D. Isaac
Page 1 of 1
Forum Actions

Topics   Replies Score Author Latest Post
ASA Meeting 2014 - for Car Drivers & Riders 7 C. Rusbult I am leaving from Toledo Area   via Detroit  and will return Sunday Night if somebody needs a ride  Ron Myers 419-877-9316  RTMGilboa@sbcglobal.net
by R. Myers
Friday, July 18, 2014
ASA Meeting 2014 - from Airport (sharing a ride) 9 C. Rusbult I'm arriving Toronto YYZ at 5:00 PM on Thursday, and am interested in sharing a ride.Kirk Bertsche (kirk@bertsche.us)
by K. Bertsche
Wednesday, July 16, 2014
ASA Annual MTG Question: Is time for fellowship lacking? 1 E. Ruppel      You ask good questions, Emily.  As explained below, I think the ASA meetings are great as-is (as they have been) but if you can find ways to make them better, socially and spiritually, they will be even better!    Since 1990, I've been to 15 annual meetings of ASA, and they're my favorite conferences.  There are many reasons, but partly it's due to the structure -- arranged by ASA (thanks!) -- that encourages socializing: everyone eats meals together, and most of us stay at the same dorms.  This makes it easy, by contrast with other conferences where you must "hustle" and find a group to join for restaurants, and at night people are scattered at different hotels.    With ASA, usually at night there are one or two "social areas" for those who want to meet and talk. The locations depend on local geography: where are the evening events held, is there an obvious meeting area near it, do the dorms have a general lounge (on the first floor, open to all) that is a friendly meeting place, and so on.  If some areas are not obvious to all -- for example, if one dorm is closer to the evening events or it has a more people-friendly lounge, compared with other dorms, so it's a good meeting area but those living in other dorms won't know about it -- this information could be shared in "general announcements", especially early in the meeting, at the Thursday evening meal, then at plenary sessions Friday evening and Saturday.Craig Rusbult
by C. Rusbult
Tuesday, July 03, 2012