Print Page   |   Contact Us   |   Sign In   |   Join ASA or sign up
Sign In

Forgot your password?

Haven't registered yet?

Calendar

10/20/2014
“Ignorance Isn’t Bliss: What Every College Student Should Know about Religion,” Brookings, SD

10/21/2014 » 10/22/2014
Emergence and Environment: Science and Religion in 2014, San Diego, CA

10/21/2014
“Are People Born to Believe?,” Cambridge, England

10/25/2014
“The Bible, Evolution, and Human Origins: Starting Conversations,” Claremont, CA

11/1/2014
70th Anniversary Celebratory Conference, Oxford, UK

Featured Members

ASA Meeting 2014 - for Car Drivers & Riders
Moderator(s): Randall D. Isaac
Thread Score:
Page 1 of 1
Thread Actions

4/7/2014 at 11:12:27 PM GMT
ASA Meeting 2014 - for Car Drivers & Riders
If you’re driving to the ASA Meeting (July 25-28 in Hamilton, ON) and can offer a ride, or if you want a ride, you can post your driving-offer or ride-request.  Please begin with LOCATION and if you’re a DRIVER or RIDER, then add details & contact information. For example:
Boston, MA - driving - leave Thursday morning,...
Wheaton, IL - want ride, to arrive Friday for dinner,... 

LINKS: Travel and Tourist Info - ASA’s Meeting Page -
and Tips for "contact info" to Avoid Email-Spam

QUESTIONS? — for registration, Marty Herdrich, marty@asa3.org -
for this forum or Travel/Tourist page, Craig Rusbult, crusbult@wisc.edu

Last edited Wednesday, April 09, 2014
6/13/2014 at 7:35:32 PM GMT
Trying to make travel plans by Sunday so I can complete early registration:

Lancaster County, PA: Looking for a ride-share opportunity to arrive Friday for dinner. I can drive part/all the way (through central PA taking 15 N, then through Western NY/Buffalo/Niagara Falls and to Hamilton), but would prefer to be a passenger. Thomas B. Grosh IV, tgrosh4@gmail.com

Lancaster County, PA: Looking for a ride-share opportunity to depart Tuesday morning (after the "day after conference"). I can drive part/all the way, but would prefer to be a passenger. Thomas B. Grosh IV, tgrosh4@gmail.com

7/7/2014 at 1:50:11 PM GMT
Can take passengers from E PA area to CAN (RT)
Hi!  We are professors with the Dept/Biology at Eastern Univ (St. Davids, PA), which is located near the King of Prussia Mall in the Phila. area (intrsxn of 76, 276, 476, 202 and 422).  We're driving up early Fri AM and returning Mon PM, and can probably take 1-2 passengers from the E PA / Phila area.  I see the post for Lancaster - that would work - ideally you could meet us at Eastern Univ and park your car there. 

Ben Dube  bdube@eastern.edu
Dave Unander  dunander@eastern.edu

7/7/2014 at 7:29:25 PM GMT
Can take passenger from Toronto AP. Picking up rental car about 3pm Friday, July 25. Arriving on AA1038.

Ide Trotter
idetrotter@compuserve.com

7/7/2014 at 9:30:05 PM GMT
My wife and I plan to arrive at the Toronto Airport on July 24 on Delta 4187 at 4:36 PM. We would like a shuttle ride that hopefully arrives in time for dinner at McMaster University. Charlene and John Verkade (Iowa State University, Ames, IA
jverkade@iastate.edu)

7/16/2014 at 7:55:12 PM GMT
T. Grosh: Did you find another rider? If not, do you want to drive up with Ben Dube & I? We could probably either meet you toward Lancaster, or you could meet us by Eastern Univ. If the latter, I expect we'll take 476 N for the 1st part of the trip. We have the same goal, to try to leave v early Fri AM, and hopefully arrive for dinner.

Dave Unander

7/16/2014 at 10:38:19 PM GMT
I'm driving to the meeting from the Harrisburg (PA) area, leaving early Thursday morning (will be on a field trip Friday), and returning Monday afternoon. Looking for others to share in the journey.

Ted Davis

7/19/2014 at 1:49:53 AM GMT
From toledo Area
I am leaving from Toledo Area   via Detroit  and will return Sunday Night if somebody needs a ride  Ron Myers 419-877-9316  RTMGilboa@sbcglobal.net