Print Page   |   Contact Us   |   Sign In   |   Join ASA or sign up
Sign In

Forgot your password?

Haven't registered yet?

Calendar

4/24/2014
“Quantum Change: When Epiphanies and Sudden Insights Transform Ordinary Lives,” Socorro, NM

5/2/2014 » 5/3/2014
First National Symposium on Euthanasia and Assisted Suicide, Minneapolis, MN

5/28/2014
“Sailing the Mediterranean with Paul

6/16/2014 » 6/19/2014
“Innovations in Faith-Based Nursing,” Marion, IN

6/16/2014 » 6/19/2014
“Bioethics in Transition,” Deerfield, IL. Sponsor: Center for Bioethics & Human Dignity

Featured Members

Evolution Hoaxes
Moderator(s):
Thread Score:
Page 1 of 1
Thread Actions

7/31/2013 at 7:20:39 PM GMT
Evolution Hoaxes

I am afraid you have fallen victim to one of the evolution hoaxes. You seem to think there is a connection between the second law of thermodynamics and evolution. There is no connection because thermodynamics is the study of liquids, solids, and gasses. All four laws concern temperature, with the exception of the first law. To promote religion, creationists say evolution violates the second law. To promote atheism, many physicists say that evolution does not violate the second law because the law only says entropy increases in a closed system. An article published in the American Journal of Physics goes so far as to perform a fake calculation to prove evolution does not violate the second law. I'v attached a peer-reviewed article which refutes the absurd AJP article. 

I have filed a complaint against the AJP with my congressman (Yvette Clarke) because it undermines the integrity of science. I have been assured by a staff member (Scott) that the matter is being investigated.

David Roemer

Attached Files: 
Sewell 2013.pdf (578.11 KB)

Last edited Wednesday, July 31, 2013