Perspectives on Science and Christian Faith
The pages of Perspectives on Science and Christian Faith (PSCF) are open to original, unpublished contributions that interact with science and Christian faith in a manner consistent with scientific and theological integrity. Published papers do not reflect any official position of the American Scientific Affiliation.
1. Submit all manuscripts to: James C. Peterson, Editor, Roanoke College, 221 College Lane, Salem, VA 24153. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Submissions are typically acknowledged within 10 days of their receipt.
2. Authors must submit an electronic copy of the manuscript formatted in Word as an email attachment. Typically 2–3 anonymous reviewers critique each manuscript submitted for publication.
3. Use endnotes for all references. Each note must have a unique number. Follow The Chicago Style Manual (16th ed., sections 14.1 to 14.317).
4. While figures and diagrams may be embedded within the Word text file of the manuscript, authors are required to also send them as individual electronic files (JPEG or TIFF format). Figure captions should be provided as a list at the end of the manuscript text. Authors are encouraged also to submit a sample of graphic art that can be used to illustrate their manuscript.
ARTICLES are major treatments of a particular subject relating science to a Christian position. Such papers should be at least 2,000 words but not more than 8,000 words in length, excluding endnotes. An abstract of 50–150 words is required. Publication for such papers normally takes 9–12 months from the time of acceptance.
COMMUNICATIONS are brief treatments of a wide range of subjects of interest to PSCF readers. Communications must not be longer than 2700 words, excluding endnotes. Communications are normally published 6–9 months from the time of acceptance.
BOOK REVIEWS serve both to alert readers to new books that appear significant and to engage these books in critical interaction. When a subject area editor selects a book for review, the book is then offered to a scholar with the best match in expertise. ASA/CSCA members who would like to be considered as potential reviewers are welcome to express interest to the book review coordinator for inclusion in the reviewer database. Publishers may also contact the book review coordinating editor if they are not sure which subject area reviewer would best consider a particular book.
Arie Leegwater (email@example.com): cosmology, engineering, history of science, mathematics, non-bio technologies, and physical sciences.
- Robin Rylaarsdam (firstname.lastname@example.org): biology, environment, genetics, and origins.
- Angela Sabates (email@example.com): anthropology, psychology, and sociology.
The viewpoints expressed in the books reviewed, and in the reviews themselves, are those of the authors and reviewers respectively, and do not reflect an official position of the ASA.
LETTERS to the Editor concerning PSCF content may be published unless marked not for publication. Letters submitted for publication must not be longer than 700 words and will be subject to editorial review. Letters are to be submitted as electronic copies. Letters accepted for publication will be published within 6 months.
ADVERTISING is accepted in PSCF, subject to editorial approval. Please address inquiries for rates or further information to the Managing Editor. The ASA cannot take responsibility for any orders placed with advertisers in PSCF.
AUTHORIZATION TO PHOTOCOPY MATERIAL for internal, personal, or educational classroom use, or the internal or personal use of specific clients, is granted by ASA, ISSN: 0892-2675, provided that the appropriate fee is paid directly to Copyright Clearance Center (CCC), 222 Rosewood Drive, Danvers, MA 01923 USA for conventional use, or check CCC online at the following address: www.copyright.com/. No registration with CCC is needed: simply identify the article being copied, the number of copies, and the journal title (Perspectives on Science and Christian Faith). For those who wish to request permission for other kinds of copying or reprinting, kindly write to the Managing Editor.