How Do I Join the ASA?
Anyone interested in the objectives of the Affiliation may have a part in the ASA. All categories of ASA membership (except for spouses and followers) include a subscription to the ASA journal,Perspectives on Science and Christian Faith (PSCF).
- Full membership is open to all persons with at least a bachelor’s degree in science who can give assent to our statement of faith. Science is interpreted broadly to include anthropology, archeology, economics, engineering, history, mathematics, medicine, political science, psychology, and sociology as well as the generally recognized science disciplines. Philosophers and theologians who are interested in science are very welcome. Full members have voting privileges and can hold office. Full member dues are $85/year; Retired Member dues are $45/year.
- Associate membership is available to interested nonscientists who can give assent to our statement of faith. Associates receive all member benefits and publications and take part in all of the affairs of the ASA except voting and holding office. Associate member dues are $85/year.
- Full-time students may join as Student Members (science majors) or as Student Associates (nonscience majors). Basic membership is free while Premier membership at $20/year includes voting rights, an option for a printed copy of the journal, and free registration for the annual meeting.
- Spouses may qualify for a reduced rate of $15/year. Full-time overseas missionaries are entitled to a complimentary membership.
- An individual wishing to participate in the ASA without joining as a member or giving assent to our statement of faith may become a Friend of the ASA. Friends receive all member benefits and publications and take part in all of the affairs of the ASA except voting and holding office. Friend dues are $85/year.
- Subscriptions to Perspectives on Science and Christian Faith (PSCF) are available at $50/year (individuals), $85/year (institutions) and $20/year (students).
- Followers are those interested in receiving newsletters and notices of events to learn more about ASA. There is no charge.
To join, you may register online here